First, a note from the management.
We’re still working out a few kinks here at Riveting! HQ, so bear with us while we get things working properly. This is our first time posting an episode, so there will inevitably be some things that don’t work right.
Great, now that we’ve taken care of that, welcome to the first episode of Riveting! After each episode we’ll post any relevant links to photos, videos or articles that might have been mentioned in the podcast. Special thanks go out to Roscoe and the PTFCollective for hosting us and generally being lovely people.
So, here’s the link to the podcast:
We’ll be up on iTunes just as soon as we figure out how to make Apple happy, but until then you can either download the podcast by clicking here or subscribe manually in your preferred podcast app by using our feed address, which is
The articles we mentioned during the podcast were the following:
- Esquire’s excellent article The Minimum Pro Female Soccer Salary Is Below the Poverty Line is well worth a read.
- Stumptown Footy on the USWNT and Gavin’s promises
- William Conwell hears from sources that the Amandine Henry deal is a lock
- Stars and Stripes FC has apparently just figured out what we’ve known for a while: Alex Morgan isn’t all she’s cracked up to be.
- Nissa Drake’s piece on the Rose City Riveters site about the successes of the Thorns being ignored is a must read as well.
- Eric mentioned a post on Rose City Shears about the crazy 4-2-4 used by Parsons against the Thorns. I wasn’t previously aware of this website, and it looks like they haven’t updated in a while, but I hope they do. Excellent analysis!